Posted to users@apex.apache.org by "hsy541@gmail.com" <hs...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/01 16:24:11 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] kafka

Hey Raja,

The setup for secure kafka input operator is not easy. You can follow these
steps.
1. Follow kafka document to setup your brokers properly (
https://kafka.apache.org/090/documentation.html#security_overview)
2. You have to manually create the client JAAS file (
https://kafka.apache.org/090/documentation.html#security_overview)
   a sample file would look like this:
     KafkaClient {

        com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
        useKeyTab=true
        storeKey=true
        keyTab="/etc/security/keytabs/kafka_client.keytab"
        principal="kafka-client-1@EXAMPLE.COM";
    };

3. On the operator you have to set the attribute JVM_OPTS
 -Djava.security.auth.login.config=/etc/kafka/kafka_client_jaas.conf

4. On the operator you have to set the consumerProperties, for example

set dt.operator.$your_operator_name.{consumerProps.security.protocol}  to
 SASL or other security function you use
set dt.operator.$your_operator_name.{consumerPrope.
sasl.kerberos.service.name} to kafka

Hope this would help you!

Regards,
Siyuan