Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by tao xiao <xi...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/20 21:16:34 UTC

New Kafka consumer stability

Hi,

I am starting a new project that requires heavy use on Kafka consumer. I
did a quick look at the new Kafka consumer and found it provides some of
the features we definitely need. But as it is annotated as unable is it
safe to rely on it or it will still be evolving dramatically in coming
releases?

Re: New Kafka consumer stability

Posted by William Grim <wg...@signal.co>.
What version of the API are you planning to use?  We're finding it
extremely unstable.

--

*William GrimSr. Software Engineerm: 914 418 4115
<914%20418%204115>e: wgrim@signal.co <wg...@signal.co>signal.co

Re: New Kafka consumer stability

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Tao,

The APIs should not be evolving dramatically after the 0.9.0 release.

Stable-wise, we are doing a bunch of system / integration tests right now
to make sure it is in a good shape upon release. But since it is the first
release one cannot guarantee it is completely bug-free.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang