Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chuck Cochems <za...@tdl.com> on 2001/07/12 01:14:41 UTC

I can only access servelets by IP address outside of webapps.

I'm using mod_Jk with the latest apache and tomcat 3.2.2

Whenever I add a virtualhost, I can only reference the JSP by IP
address. if I try by th domain name, I get the dreaded error 404
(/jsp/page.jsp + NULL ) stuff. I've triple checked DNS, and tried
placing entries for the domains as well as the IP address itself into
server.xml

if there is one for the IP address, then the IP address works.  If not,
it doesn't.

I've tried placing ones in for the domain names themselves, and it still
will not work!  Whehter or not i use the IP address or the domain name
in the <Virtualhost> directive, it still hapens!  what gives?

Re: I can only access servelets by IP address outside of webapps.

Posted by Chuck Cochems <za...@tdl.com>.

Dmitri Colebatch wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> post the relevant bits of your httpd.conf and server.xml and we'll have a
> look.

They've been changed about TEN TIMES.  All have the same result.

My most recent attempt had this in server.xml

<Host name="206.180.224.76 : www.pedsforless.com : pedsforless.com"
debug="0"
appBase="/home/peds/public_html" unpackWARs="true">
        <Context path="" docBase="/home/peds/public_html" debug="0"/>
      </Host>

And this in httpd.conf,

Include /usr/local/jakarta/dist/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto

<Virtualhost 206.180.224.76:80>
SSLDisable
ServerAdmin don@tdl.com
ServerName www.pedsforless.com
ServerAlias pedsforless.com
DocumentRoot /home/peds/public_html
ErrorLog /home/peds/logs/error.log
TransferLog /home/peds/logs/error.log
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
</Virtualhost>

Only the IP address works. All attempts to access JSP by the domain name
itself, with or without the www, produce the infamous error 404 jsp not
found error, and the blahblah.jsp + NULL busines in the tomcat STDERR
output.

SO what's wrong here?

Re: I can only access servelets by IP address outside of webapps.

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.
Chuck,

post the relevant bits of your httpd.conf and server.xml and we'll have a
look.

cheers
dim

Posted by Chuck Cochems <za...@tdl.com>.