Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthieu Richard-Molard <ma...@pasteur.fr> on 2004/07/06 09:31:55 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.5 starting problem : no prompt to shutdown properly

Hello!

I've begun using Cocoon 2.1.5 and it works,
but at startup, I can't get the prompt
and all modifications to hsqldb configuration files get lost
since I cant shutdown Cocoon properly:

here's what i get on my xterm:

Opening database:
/Users/mattaios/Desktop/cocoon-2.1.5old/build/webapp/WEB-INF/db/
cocoondb
HSQLDB server 1.7.1 is running
Use SHUTDOWN to close normally. Use [Ctrl]+[C] to abort abruptly
WARN! *** JMS block is installed but jms client library not found. ***
- For the jms block to work you must install and start a JMS server and
place the client jar in WEB-INF/lib.
- The default server, OpenJMS is configured in cocoon.xconf but is not
bundled with Cocoon.
Tue Jul 06 09:13:38 CEST 2004 Listening for connections ...
09:14:03.187 EVENT  Started SocketListener on 0.0.0.0:8888
09:14:03.195 EVENT  Started org.mortbay.jetty.Server@55bb93

Has anybody a hint?

Many thanks for any help

Matt.

Re: Cocoon 2.1.5 starting problem : no prompt to shutdown properly

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Matthieu Richard-Molard dijo:
> Hello!
>
> I've begun using Cocoon 2.1.5 and it works,
> but at startup, I can't get the prompt
> and all modifications to hsqldb configuration files get lost
> since I cant shutdown Cocoon properly:
>

> here's what i get on my xterm:
>
> Opening database:
> /Users/mattaios/Desktop/cocoon-2.1.5old/build/webapp/WEB-INF/db/
> cocoondb
> HSQLDB server 1.7.1 is running
> Use SHUTDOWN to close normally. Use [Ctrl]+[C] to abort abruptly
> WARN! *** JMS block is installed but jms client library not found. ***
> - For the jms block to work you must install and start a JMS server and
> place the client jar in WEB-INF/lib.
> - The default server, OpenJMS is configured in cocoon.xconf but is not
> bundled with Cocoon.
> Tue Jul 06 09:13:38 CEST 2004 Listening for connections ...
> 09:14:03.187 EVENT  Started SocketListener on 0.0.0.0:8888
> 09:14:03.195 EVENT  Started org.mortbay.jetty.Server@55bb93
>
> Has anybody a hint?

That is OK. You will never get the prompt. To stop jetty press Ctrl+C.

If you want a prompt add a & at the end of the command to run it in
background (linux only).

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo