Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by SeleniuM <in...@hotmail.com> on 2011/10/02 16:37:01 UTC

Genesis-how to start with Tapestry?

Hi, there.
Few days ago, my friend got to know me with Tapestry5 framework. I was so
delighted that I wanted to learn it by myself. Even though his level of
Tapestry knowledge is so high, I didn't want to disgrace myself by telling
him that I am stuck even on setting up Tap5 app. My issue is following. I
have downloaded Eclipse EE, Gradle and Tap5.3., but that's all I have done
so far. I wanted to check if there is some tutorial about how to link all
this, but on official Tapestry page there was nothing about it. Only some
Mave or something like that. So what I wanted to ask you was could you
please give me instructions how to set up Tap5.3. and enforce the samples in
directories Tap5.3. using Gradle and Eclipse. Would be so thankful if you do
so.  Thanks in advance.

Re: Genesis-how to start with Tapestry?

Posted by Mark <ma...@xeric.net>.
Many people still use Maven and the Maven Archetype to start a project.
 Here is a video that shows some of how to get started once you have Eclipse
and M2Eclipse installed:

http://blog.markwshead.com/900/tapestry-5-10-minute-demo/

Also see the tutorial starting here:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry-tutorial.html