Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Bowlby <ex...@hub.org> on 2002/12/13 04:10:59 UTC

sitemap issue.

Hi All,

 I've got a site map issue that I was wondering if someone could help me
with. I've got a tomcat site going, running 4.1/jdk 1.3.x and a few VH's
under the tomcat server. If I type a URL, ie http://site.com, the virtual
hosting works fine. But, the minute I type in http://site.com/admin it
loads up the tomcat admin section, I don't want that to happen. The site
is using the Cocoon sub-system, with my site map being:

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
        <map:pipelines>
                <map:pipeline>
                        <!-- Redirections for page requests on homepage -->
                        <map:match pattern="">
                                <map:redirect-to uri="index.html"/>
                        </map:match>
                        <map:match pattern="/">
                                <map:redirect-to uri="index.html"/>
                        </map:match>
                        <map:match pattern="protect">
                                <map:redirect-to uri="admin/password.html"/>
                        </map:match>
                        <map:match pattern="protect/">
                                <map:redirect-to uri="admin/password.html"/>
                        </map:match>

                        <map:match pattern="*.html">
                                <map:read src="html/{1}.html"/>
                        </map:match>

                        <map:match pattern="admin/*.html">
                                <map:read src="html/{1}.html"/>
                        </map:match>

                        <map:match pattern="admin/">
                                <map:read src="html/index.html"/>
                        </map:match>

                        <map:match pattern="db/*.html">
                                <map:generate src="xsp/{1}.xsp" type="xsp"/>
                                <map:serialize type="html"/>
                        </map:match>

                        <map:match pattern="css/*.css">
                                <map:read src="css/{1}.css" mime-type="text/css"/>
                        </map:match>

                        <map:match pattern="script/*.js">
                                <map:read src="script/{1}.js" mime-type="text/script"/>
                        </map:match>

                        <map:match pattern="images/*">
                                <map:read src="images/{1}"/>
                        </map:match>
                </map:pipeline>
        </map:pipelines>
</map:sitemap>
<!-- end of file -->

As you can see the "admin" folder should be redirected to the html folder,
can someone point out what I'm missing?

 Chris Bowlby,

Regarding http forwarding

Posted by Sunil Ravipati <sr...@email.sjsu.edu>.
 Ihave an accesspoint and a machine on which tomcat 4.1 is running.The
Accesspoint has a linux OS stripped down version and a small httpd
server.I want to do http forward from the AccessPoint to my tomcat
server.IS there any configuration / setup to be done on tomcat if I want
the http requests to get forwarded from the AccessPoint to the tomcat.

Any help is appreciate

Thanks,
Sunil

Re: sitemap issue.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Chris Bowlby wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:10:59 -0400 (AST)
> From: Chris Bowlby <ex...@hub.org>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: sitemap issue.
>

> Hi All,
>
>  I've got a site map issue that I was wondering if someone could help me
> with. I've got a tomcat site going, running 4.1/jdk 1.3.x and a few VH's
> under the tomcat server. If I type a URL, ie http://site.com, the virtual
> hosting works fine. But, the minute I type in http://site.com/admin it
> loads up the tomcat admin section, I don't want that to happen. The site
> is using the Cocoon sub-system, with my site map being:

By default, Tomcat 4.1 installs the administration webapp on context path
"/admin".  If you want to put your webapp there instead, you'll need to
remove the "admin.xml" file in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps and replace it with
your own webapp.

Craig