Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org> on 2010/01/20 17:13:47 UTC

Framework 2.1 release plans?

Hi All,
I'd like to do a bugfix release of Karaf (probably 1.2.1) and include some
recent framework fixes.  Does anyone have imminent plans for a framework
2.1.0 release?  If this isn't happening any time soon, would anyone object
if I created a framework 2.0.3 release with some of the recent bugfixes?

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Custine
FUSESource :: http://fusesource.com

Re: Framework 2.1 release plans?

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Karl, le me know if you need any help with the release ! ;-)

Well, maven did play some tricks on me (all checksums wrong)
yesterday. So I needed to rollback. But we are good to go. I will do
the release on sunday.

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Framework 2.1 release plans?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Excellent, thx a lot !

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Framework 2.1 release plans?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 1/20/10 14:58, Chris Custine wrote:
> FELIX-1929 fixes an issue with fileinstall (FELIX-1928 fixed fileinstall,
> but only on Equinox until FELIX-1929 makes it into a release) and that is
> the main fix we need for Karaf.  That has already been committed on trunk.

Good, so it will be included.

> The rest of the commits on trunk since 2.0.2 all look worthy as well, though
> I haven't had time to review FELIX-1991.  Is that something you were
> considering for a 2.0.x release?

Yes, that will be included, but it is a containerism which I essentially
consider private API and would not recommend anyone use.

> I agree that FELIX-1919 would be very nice to have.  I'll dig into that one
> a bit and see if I can help at all.

I pretty much have a plan for that, but if you want to take a stab at
it, feel free. I will likely get to it sometime this week, so you will
have to be quick. :-)

-> richard

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.