Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Nilanjan Das <ni...@india.hp.com> on 2002/02/23 06:53:17 UTC

Problem in installation

Hi All,

I am trying to set up the server side for Apache SOAP 2.2. I am on
Tomcat. I am doing the configuration as per the installation guide in
the Apache side. After configuration, I start the Tomcat and then try
the following url from the browser:

http://hostname:port/soap

It works fine. I get the following response.

Apache-SOAP
Hello! Welcome to Apache-SOAP.

What do you want to do today?

Run the admin client
Visit the SOAP RPC router URL for this SOAP server

Then I try the following url:

http://hostname:port/soap/servlet/messagerouter

and I get the following response

SOAP Message Router
Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP POST to talk to
me.

But when I try the RPC message router url:

http://hostname:port/soap/servlet/rpcrouter

I get the java null pointer error as follows:

Error: 500
Location: /soap/servlet/rpcrouter
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.init(RPCRouterServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
 at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
 at
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)

 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)

 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java,
Compiled Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Can someone of you tell me why this error is coming? I will really
appreciate your help.

Have a good day!

Thanks,
Nilanjan