Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ben Anderson <st...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/12 13:34:05 UTC

TLD's case sensitive

Hello,
I'm moving a Struts webapp from Weblogic to Tomcat.  The problem I'm now
having is that it seems like Tomcat enforces case sensitivity for the TLD
tags.
For instance
in the api for these tags, it should actually be maxlength and not
maxLength.
weblogic doesn't care, but tomcat does.  It would be a big chore to have to
change all of these tags because our app is already done.  Is there anyway
to shut this off in Tomcat?
Thanks,
Ben

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage.
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

Re: TLD's case sensitive

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
The jsp spec says this:
"All attributes of a custom action must be JavaBeans component properties,
although some properties may not be exposed as attributes. The attributes
that are visible to the JSP translator are exactly those listed in the Tag
Library Descriptor (TLD)."

I would think the use of *exactly* as meaning case-sensitive.

When in doubt perl can save the day ...
perl -pi -e 's/maxLength="/maxlength="/g;' *.jsp

-Tim