Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/10/31 21:19:51 UTC

Rhino DOM sadness, LGPL amplification

I don't suppose that ASF makes any exception for the use of LGPL
components used only for tests?

I have the following sad story. I'm trying to get as much testing as
possible of the JavaScript generator to happen in Rhino where we can
automate it.

Sadly, Rhino skipped the DOM and went straight to E4X. I'm not
interested in E4X as a target, since, for better or worse, I'm not
interested in freezing out IE as a target for generated JavaScript.

I have found an LGPL JavaScript DOM.

I have also got the Google ajax/slt BSD-licensed DOM. It, however, is
completely ignorant of namespaces, so it would take extra work to get it
to go, and it is a poor model of what will happen in any of the real
browsers.

The last option may be the least bad option.

Re: Rhino DOM sadness, LGPL amplification

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
Am Mittwoch, den 31.10.2007, 16:19 -0400 schrieb Benson Margulies:
> I don't suppose that ASF makes any exception for the use of LGPL
> components used only for tests?

I don't think so.[1]

Glen

[1] http://people.apache.org/~rubys/3party.html#category-x