Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sandip Bhunia <sa...@tcs.com.INVALID> on 2022/03/29 06:39:16 UTC

Need Help - getting vulnerability due to Log4j- v1.2.17 jar being used in Kafka_2.11-2.4.0.

Dear Team,

We are getting vulnerability due to Log4j- v1.2.17 jar being used in Kafka_2.11-2.4.0.
We tried to upgrade the same to Kafka_2.13-3.1.0 to remediate vulnerability due to Log4j- v1.2.17 (obsolete version- Log4j 1.x has reached End of Life in 2015 and is no longer supported.) but found this version of Kafka do not use Log4j v2.X

As per your website there is no such information available. Please let us know when this will get upgraded. Please us know how to get this vulnerability remediated as we need to upgrade Log4j to v2.x

Thanks & Regards,
Sandip Bhunia
Cell: 9932245061
Em@il<ma...@il> : sandip.bhunia@tcs.com<ma...@tcs.com>

Advance Notice of Holidays:

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Need Help - getting vulnerability due to Log4j- v1.2.17 jar being used in Kafka_2.11-2.4.0.

Posted by Bruno Cadonna <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Sandip,

I just merged the PR https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/11743 that
replaces log4j with reload4j. Reload4j will be part of Apache Kafka
3.2.0 and 3.1.1.

Best,
Bruno

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.