Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/08/02 17:52:54 UTC

Re: latest build

Should be fixed now: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=428037&view=rev

I hope you managed to compile Barcode4J in the meantime, so you can use
the FOP extension instead of working with pregenerated PNG images. That
will be much more efficient.

On 27.07.2006 15:59:06 Rick Roen wrote:
> I downloaded and built FOP from the SVN yesterday (26-07-2006).
>
> The build appeared successful and I copied all the files into my working
> folder.
>
> Now when I do a PDF that contains png graphics (barcodes generated from
> BarCode4j) they turn out as fuzzy unreadable images.
>
> I have attached a pdf and a png to demonstrate.
>
> Did something break with rendering png images in this build, I was using a
> build from 02-06-2006 before this.
>
> I am viewing with Adobe Reader 7.0 on an XP pro SP2 box.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick

Jeremias Maerki

RE: latest build

Posted by Rick Roen <Ri...@LakeValleySeed.com>.
Yes Jeremias, I did get the FOP extension for Barcode4j working in my test
environment.

I hope to deploy it next week, but so far it is much easier to use when
embedded into the XSLT.

I'd be happy to send the extension to anyone who needs it (assuming it is
the only change they need to embed the bar codes).

Rick

I hope you managed to compile Barcode4J in the meantime, so you can use
the FOP extension instead of working with pregenerated PNG images. That
will be much more efficient.

On 27.07.2006 15:59:06 Rick Roen wrote:
> I downloaded and built FOP from the SVN yesterday (26-07-2006).
>
> The build appeared successful and I copied all the files into my working
> folder.
>
> Now when I do a PDF that contains png graphics (barcodes generated from
> BarCode4j) they turn out as fuzzy unreadable images.
>
> I have attached a pdf and a png to demonstrate.
>
> Did something break with rendering png images in this build, I was using a
> build from 02-06-2006 before this.
>
> I am viewing with Adobe Reader 7.0 on an XP pro SP2 box.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick

Jeremias Maerki