Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Leicester <ma...@efurbishment.com> on 2005/05/11 17:50:22 UTC

First draft questionnaire

Hi everyone,

Here is a first draft of a questionnaire that I intend to distribute on
the Cocoon Users' and Developers' mailing lists (probably as a link to
a web-based questionnaire). The questions focus on the mailing lists,
and the documentation found on the Cocoon site and the Wiki. I want to
keep it short and pertinent so if you feel I have allowed any
redundancy to creep in, please say so.

Any comments/suggestions?

Cheers,
Mark

=== DRAFT ===

Thinking back over the last three months or so, please answer the
following questions:
1	How would you describe your relationship with Cocoon? (tick all that
apply)
	I am considering using Cocoon to build applications.
	I am currently building my first Cocoon-based application.
	I have built at least one application using Cocoon.
	I maintain Cocoon applications.
	I have contributed code and/or patches to the Cocoon core.
	I have contributed code and/or patches to Cocoon blocks.
	I have contributed patches to Cocoon documentation.
	I have created or edited pages on the Cocoon Wiki.
	Other, please specify.

2	What are the reasons that you might look for information about
Cocoon? (tick all that apply)

	I want to see how others have used Cocoon.
	I want to know how to install and evaluate Cocoon.
	I want to know more about building applications with Cocoon.
	I want to know how to administer and support a Cocoon application.
	I want to write documentation about using Cocoon
	I want to know how to contribute code to Cocoon.
	I am trying to troubleshoot a problem.
	I want information I can use to persuade other people to use Cocoon.
	Other, please specify.

3	What do you need from Cocoon documentation? (tick all that apply)

	Answers to technical problems.
	Tutorials and recipies to teach me how to build applications with
Cocoon.
	Tutorials and recipies to teach me how to administer Cocoon.
	Cocoon users' reference manual.
	Cocoon administrators' reference manual.
	Cocoon core documentation.
	Cocoon blocks documentation.
	Frequently Asked Questions.
	A way to get help from specific developers.
	A product overview of Cocoon that tells me what it does and doesn't do.
	Use cases that show me how people typically use Cocoon.
	Other, please specify.

4	How often do you visit cocoon.apache.org? (choose the single best
answer)

	All the time; it's my start page.
	A few times a day.
	A few times a week.
	A few times a month.
	Once a month.
	Less than once a month.

5	How often do you visit the Cocoon wiki at wiki.apache.org/cocoon?
(choose the single best answer)

	All the time; it's my start page.
	A few times a day.
	A few times a week.
	A few times a month.
	Once a month.
	Less than once a month.

6	What is your relationship to the Cocoon Users' mailing list? (tick
all that apply)

	I'm an active contributor to the discussions.
	I would be an active contributor but unfortunately I'm usually too
busy.
	I enjoy listening and learning but I rarely feel able to contribute.
	I don't understand most of what is discussed.
	I ask questions and am usually pleased with the answers.
	I ask questions but I don't get the responses I would like.
	I am not subscribed.

7	What is your relationship to the Cocoon Developers' mailing list?
(tick all that apply)

	I'm an active contributor to the discussions.
	I would be an active contributor but unfortunately I'm usually too
busy.
	I enjoy listening and learning but I rarely feel able to contribute.
	I don't understand most of what is discussed.
	I ask questions and am usually pleased with the answers.
	I ask questions but I don't get the responses I would like.
	I am not subscribed.

8	Generally speaking, are you able to keep up with the volume of
traffic on the mailing lists? (choose the single best answer)

	Usually I have time to read every single message in "real time".
	Often I find myself reading only the posts with interesting subject
lines.
	Often I find myself reading only the posts from certain authors.
	I catch up with the mailing list once a day.
	I catch up with the mailing list once a week.
	I am subscribed, but I never get time to read the messages.
	Other, please specify.

9	Do you have any comments to make about the effectiveness of the
mailing lists?

10	Are there any other Cocoon resources you have found helpful? (please
list them)

11	Do you have any other suggestions you would like to offer us?

Re: First draft questionnaire

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
You gonna do this with a Yahoo poll?  Seems like a lot of work to
manually tabulate this.  But I'd be interested in the results.

Ralph