Posted to commons-user@db.apache.org by Philip Denno <ph...@creo.com> on 2004/08/30 20:37:45 UTC

Using Connection Pooling from Tomcat and Standalone application.

Hi: This question may have been asked before but I couldn't find any
reference to it in the mail archive.

I have classes currently which are managing their own connections to an
Oracle database. I would like to have these classes instead use the DB
Connection Pool.

The codebase consists of a webapp deployed in tomcat and several java
programs which run in the background (all of which use our "custom"
implementation of a connection pool).

I have already configured Tomcat to use the connection pool through
modifying the server.xml but am at a loss as to how I configure the
connection pool from my standalone apps. I read a lot about how the
Context can be initialized from property files and once this is done I
can probably figure out how to get my DataSource.

Can anybody help me with tips, pointers or even better an example of how
this configuration is done?

Thanks,
Philip.