Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/04/26 14:55:26 UTC

Re: [pool] PROPOSAL: add collecting of statistics to pool impleme ntations

Waldhoff, Rodney wrote:
>>I will certainly take a look at
>>Avalon. So why is there a commons pool
>>and commons dbcp if Avalon does the
>>same and more?
>

> I think it's the "and more" part.
>
> I do notice that Avalon's org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.* has existed for
> about a month, according to CVS, so perhaps the question should be turned
> the other way.

Nope.  Excalibur has gone through a reorg.  Check the location of:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/all/src/java/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/pool/Attic/Pool.java

Thu Jul 19 07:33:02 2001 UTC (9 months, 1 week ago) by donaldp

Oh, and it existed alot longer when Avalon was hosted under
  "java.apache.org"

So before you make off the cuff comments that you know nothing about, do
a little further research.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: [pool] PROPOSAL: add collecting of statistics to pool impleme ntations

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Waldhoff, Rodney wrote:
>
>>> I will certainly take a look at Avalon. So why is there a commons pool
>>> and commons dbcp if Avalon does the same and more?
>>

>> I think it's the "and more" part.
>>
>> I do notice that Avalon's org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.* has
>> existed for
>> about a month, according to CVS, so perhaps the question should be turned
>> the other way.
>>

> Nope.  Excalibur has gone through a reorg.  Check the location of:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/all/src/java/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/pool/Attic/Pool.java
>

> Thu Jul 19 07:33:02 2001 UTC (9 months, 1 week ago) by donaldp
>

> Oh, and it existed alot longer when Avalon was hosted under
>  "java.apache.org"
>
> So before you make off the cuff comments that you know nothing about, do
> a little further research.

Oh yeah, the original location on java.apache.org has the following
record:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/java-framework/src/org/apache/avalon/util/pool/Attic/Pool.java

Thu Aug 24 11:21:12 2000 UTC (20 months ago) by donaldp

And that's still after the rewrite of the stuff that Stefano wrote...