Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Winman Software <in...@winmansoftware.com> on 2013/05/20 13:28:25 UTC

partial build for testing purpose

After completing all the steps in
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_ste

In ubuntu what is the way for partial build for testing purpose(a particular
module may with which I would like t append my developmental works and
performing testing for them)

Re: partial build for testing purpose

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 4:28 AM, Winman Software <in...@winmansoftware.com>wrote:

> After completing all the steps in
>
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_ste
>
> In ubuntu what is the way for partial build for testing purpose(a
> particular
> module may with which I would like t append my developmental works and
> performing testing for them)

Can you elaborate on what you did? Did you do a complete build or just a
partial build for a module? I'm certain you can only do partial builds
*after* you've done a complete build -- to get things set up correctly --
and then if you want to go back and work on a module, make corrections and
then do a partial build for that. This might work I think.

A good question needing a much better answer than what I'm giving you.

Hopefully someone with more build experience than I can weigh in here.
We need to add these kinds of instructions to the Build Guide.

MzK

"You can't believe one thing and do another.
 What you believe and what you do are the same thing."
                             -- Leonard Peltier