Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Dale Applegate <da...@appliedtheory.com> on 2001/03/12 22:54:57 UTC

database repositories, no metadata

Hello list,

Set up ApacheJAMES using database repositories for Spool, user, and mail.
The DB2 drivers available to me do not support metadata requests, ergo
attempts by Town to retrieve a primary key fails (see
TownSpoolRepository.java).  However, It appears that the Town components
need to know the primary key if it is going to insert information to the
table (again see TownSpoolRepository.store()). Thus all spool, user and
mail repositories where failing when attempting to insert data.  I modified
the code to allow a user to pass in the name of the primary key in
JAMES.conf.xml, should the Town components fail to identify it with a
metadata call.  Good move or have I missed something?

thanks
da