Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by chuck amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org> on 2002/04/09 11:19:59 UTC

PLZ HELP For some unknown reason i can't get by taglib (dbtags) located

PLz help forsome unknown reason i now can't get my dbtags.tld
recongnised. Prior to this everthing was fine. I haven't used taglibs
for a while but i know how to comfigure within my web application.I am
aware that it requesting META-INF but this is also there as usaully.

I have completed the following :

1) got a dbtags.tld in my WEB-INF dir of my web application.
2) got a dbtags.jar in WEB-INF/lib dir of my web application.
3) The war files reside in my WEB-INF dir.
4) Modified my web.xml with the dbtags taglib element <taglib></taglib>
as following.

 <taglib>
        <taglib-uri>http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/dbtags</taglib-uri>
        <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/dbtags.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>

5) Finally the taglib directive at the top of my jsp.page as so

<%@ page contentType="text/html"%>
<%@ page language ="java" %>

<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/dbtags" prefix="sql" %>

Here is the error:

webapps/examples/jsppages/registerMember.jsp [5:0] Unable to open
taglibrary http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/dbtags : Could not locate
TLD META-INF/taglib.tld
Errors compiling registerMember.

Hoping to solve prior demostration to end user this friday.Any
suggestions Thanx.

Cheers Chuck Amadi
Systems Programmer