Posted to users@maven.apache.org by DenisDasKind <bl...@abv.bg> on 2014/02/14 15:02:44 UTC

Prevent installing archives to local repository

Hi everybody,

one of my project create multiple jar and zip files during the build life
cycle, and each archive was created with the maven assembly plugin. And now
i see, that some of the files are installing to the local repository and
some not. The files that i need are installed to the repository, but there
is also a file that should not be installed. My question is how maven
install plugin detect which file should be installed and which not, and is
there a possibility to control this process and define that a specific file
shouldn't be installed.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
DenisDasKind

Re: Prevent installing archives to local repository

Posted by DenisDasKind <bl...@abv.bg>.
Thank you,

it works fine. I it seems i have ignored this parameter from the
documentation. It was my mistake.

Re: Prevent installing archives to local repository

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

 > I have take a look, and found that each file, created with the maven
assembly
> plugin was installed to the local repository under the project name. In my
> case the maven assembly plugin creates a file abc.zip that is part of the
> distribution, and maven install plugin installed the abs.zip to the local
> repository as projectName.zip and the distribution file.
> My idea is to skip the installation of abc.zip to the repository because it
> is only temporary needed, and is part of the distribution zip file.

There is an parameter for the maven-assembly-plugin
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/single-mojo.html

which allows to suppress attaching an artifact in particular if you have
intermediate results which you don't like to attach to the project..

<attach>false</attach>

which needs having a separate execution block...

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise

Re: Prevent installing archives to local repository

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> i see, that some of the files are installing to the local repository and
> some not. The files that i need are installed to the repository, but there
> is also a file that should not be installed. My question is how maven

Can you be more specific about "the file that should not be
installed"? What is special about it?

> install plugin detect which file should be installed and which not, and is
> there a possibility to control this process and define that a specific file
> shouldn't be installed.

Perhaps share your pom so we can comment on improvements? Please don't
just email it here - post to pastebin or a similar service and send us
the link.

Wayne