Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2005/05/15 15:05:32 UTC

Re: svn trunk r14741: FAIL (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu shared ra_svn fsfs)

On May 15, 2005, at 3:46 AM, svntest@jaa.iki.fi wrote:

> FAIL:  copy_tests.py 29: copy a complex mixed-rev wc

Erik:  is this the result of your bugfix commit yesterday?

Re: svn trunk r14741: FAIL (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu shared ra_svn fsfs)

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Sun, 15 May 2005, Peter N. Lundblad wrote:

> On Sun, 15 May 2005, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
>

> > On May 15, 2005, at 3:46 AM, svntest@jaa.iki.fi wrote:
> >

> > > FAIL:  copy_tests.py 29: copy a complex mixed-rev wc
> > >

> > is this the result of your bugfix commit yesterday?
> >
> OK, I'm not lucky today. I don't know enough of FSFS internals to
> understand this one. I've attached the changes file for the new
> transaction, if anyone can make sense of it. It seems like it complaints
> on the last line. The node-id of the modify is not the same as the node-id
> of the replace.

To clarify, I'm not sure if this is a bug in the commit or if it triggers
a bug in the FSFS.

The commit adds a directory Z, delets a file Z/pi in that directory and
copies a file Z/rho from rev 3 over an existing file in Z. Not sure if
deleting an entry form an added directory is OK with the editor interface.

Regards,
//Peter

Re: svn trunk r14741: FAIL (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu shared ra_svn fsfs)

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Sun, 15 May 2005, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> On May 15, 2005, at 3:46 AM, svntest@jaa.iki.fi wrote:
>

> > FAIL:  copy_tests.py 29: copy a complex mixed-rev wc
> >

> is this the result of your bugfix commit yesterday?

OK, I'm not lucky today. I don't know enough of FSFS internals to
understand this one. I've attached the changes file for the new
transaction, if anyone can make sense of it. It seems like it complaints
on the last line. The node-id of the modify is not the same as the node-id
of the replace.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks,
//Peter

Re: svn trunk r14741: FAIL (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu shared ra_svn fsfs)

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On May 15, 2005, at 10:56 AM, Erik Huelsmann wrote:

> On 5/15/05, Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> wrote:
>

>> On May 15, 2005, at 3:46 AM, svntest@jaa.iki.fi wrote:
>>

>>> FAIL:  copy_tests.py 29: copy a complex mixed-rev wc
>>>

>> Erik:  is this the result of your bugfix commit yesterday?
>>

> No, there was no Erik who committed bugfixes yesterday, unless Peter's
> second name is Erik ;-)

Doh.

Re: svn trunk r14741: FAIL (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu shared ra_svn fsfs)

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 5/15/05, Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> wrote:

> On May 15, 2005, at 3:46 AM, svntest@jaa.iki.fi wrote:
>

> > FAIL:  copy_tests.py 29: copy a complex mixed-rev wc
> >

> Erik:  is this the result of your bugfix commit yesterday?

No, there was no Erik who committed bugfixes yesterday, unless Peter's
second name is Erik ;-)

bye,

Erik.

Re: svn trunk r14741: FAIL (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu shared ra_svn fsfs)

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Sun, 15 May 2005, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> On May 15, 2005, at 3:46 AM, svntest@jaa.iki.fi wrote:
>

> > FAIL:  copy_tests.py 29: copy a complex mixed-rev wc
> >

> Erik:  is this the result of your bugfix commit yesterday?

This is my fault. It passes with bdb, but not FSFS. Which fs do you think
I tested against? :-(

I'll try to understand what happens and if I can't, I'll revert this.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

//Peter