Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sa Li <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/05 01:51:35 UTC

kafka out-of-box monitoring system

Hello, all

I've recently played around the different kafka monitoring tools,  got
following monitoring tools on my DEV,
1. graphite + statsD
2. kafka-web-console
3. JMX + jconsole
4. kafkaOffsetMonitor
5. Kafka Manager (yahoo just open source it)

They all work fine locally on my dev, but I am thinking to get it work out
of box cause I just do not want to install them on my production server,
how possible can I install all of them in a VM, remotely connecting the
production? It seems I can't find config to allow me to do this, or no such
out of box feature?

thanks

AL

--

Alec Li

Re: kafka out-of-box monitoring system

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Not sure if you are asking if anyone has bundled all these together or if
you are asking for an alternative.  If the latter, see SPM for Kafka
<http://sematext.com/spm/> (works with 0.8.2 metrics) (or some other more
complete monitoring tool) which will give you everything but 5. (but 5. is
in the queue) and other things that, once you have your basic monitoring
needs satisfied, you'll realize you need, like alerting, anomaly detection,
multi-user support, correlation with custom application metrics, with logs,
etc, etc.

Otis