Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Toni Tortosa <tt...@obertic.com> on 2008/04/25 08:51:55 UTC

Debian 4.0. and java 6

Hello,

I have compiled openbravo software in my local laptop with tomcat 5.5.
and java 6 with no problems, but when I copy some new classes to my
server it shows an error message (Bad version in class that I have just
modified). My server is debian and it runs tomcat 5.5. and java 5.

Well, I tried to install java6 in my debian by means of backports
unstable and I restarted tomcat after modify my environment java
variable. Then tomcat doesn't show its main page and neither shows
openbravo pages. Tomcat status returns that the service is not error,
but yes existing an active pid file.

Must I have modify something else to do run tomcat 5.5 with java 6 in my
Debian 4 server? Somebody have tried this? Thanks

Re: Debian 4.0. and java 6

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Debian 4.0. and java 6

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Toni Tortosa [mailto:ttortosa@obertic.com]
> Subject: Debian 4.0. and java 6
>
> Well, I tried to install java6 in my debian by means of backports
> unstable

Why don't you install a real JVM download from the Sun web site?  You
should remove the existing one first to avoid confusion.

Alternatively, when you build on your JDK 6 platform, set the target for
1.5 to allow such classes to be used on your existing server JVM.

(This is all basic Java, nothing to do with Tomcat.)

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.