Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Gabi & Florin Pop <po...@b.astral.ro> on 2004/12/13 14:44:38 UTC

PPT generation from Java

Hi all,

I have to generate a PowerPoint presentation from a JAVA application. There will be some templates for the documents that I want to modify and I will have to change some text and some images in the templates that I have. Also it might be necessary to multiply specific templates and increase the number of pages of the ppt document. I am new to POI soi do not know much about it. Do you think I can achieve with POI the things mentioned above? Does anyone has a small example for the issues I have described.

Thanks in advance,

Florin Pop

Re: PPT generation from Java

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
Gabi & Florin Pop wrote:

>Hi Glen,
>
>first of all thanks for your feedback. Can u give me more details about
>escher format and also about the ppt file format (or point me to some
>documentation/samples) I would like to dig into it and to see what I can do
>about this.

You can get information about the escher format here:

http://chicago.sourceforge.net/devel/docs/escher/

Information regarding the power point format can get obtained here:

http://www.wotsit.org/search.asp?page=2&s=text

Expect a lot of experimentation to get it right.  These formats can be a
pain to get to know well.

Regards,

Glen

Re: PPT generation from Java