Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2018/12/29 16:44:52 UTC

[VOTE] The second release candidate for HBase 2.0.4 is available

The second release candidate for HBase 2.0.4 is available for download:

 *https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.4RC1/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.4RC1/>*

Maven artifacts are also available in a staging repository at:

 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1246

Artifacts are signed with my key (DB9D313DA7874F29) published in our
KEYS file at http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

The RC corresponds to the signed tag 2.0.4RC1, which currently points
to commit

  205e39c5704bf38568b34926dde9f1ee76e6b5d0

HBase 2.0.4 is the fourth maintenance release in the HBase 2.0 line,
continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to
the Hadoop and NoSQL communities. It fixes a critical issue found
in the recent 2.0.3 and 2.1.1 releases (only), HBASE-21551. 2.0.4
includes ~31 bug and improvement fixes done since the 2.0.3,
~ a month ago.

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 2.0.3 has been
published for your review, at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.4RC1/compatibility_report_2.0.3vs2.0.4.html

The report shows no incompatibilities.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available in
the CHANGES.md that ships as part of the release also available
here:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.4RC1/CHANGES.md

The RELEASENOTES.md are here:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.4RC1/RELEASENOTES.md

Please try out this candidate and vote +1/-1 on whether we should
release these artifacts as HBase 2.0.4.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours. It'll probably take longer
given
its the holidays. I'll close the vote when sufficient votes after Tuesday,
January
1st, 2019.

Re: [VOTE] The second release candidate for HBase 2.0.4 is available

Posted by Allan Yang <al...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

-- Build from src - OK

-- SHA and Signatures(both src and bin) - OK

-- start in distributed mode - OK

-- Basic shell commands[create/drop/alter/get/put/scan] - OK

-- Check Web UI - OK

-- ITBLL 1B row for 1 run - OK

Best Regards
Allan Yang

Stack <st...@duboce.net> 于2019年1月3日周四 上午1:19写道:

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding)

Posted by Zach York <zy...@gmail.com>.
Ankit,

This seems related to HBASE-21548.

[RESULT] [VOTE] The second release candidate for HBase 2.0.4 is available

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thanks for the pointer Ankit.

And thanks to you and Peter for adding votes to Allan and Duo. Let me close
this out. The vote passes with a non-binding and four binding votes. Let me
push out this RC as 2.0.4.

Thanks,
St.Ack

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.