Posted to user@hive.apache.org by amareshwari sriramdasu <am...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/19 13:52:17 UTC

Operators && and || do not work

Hello,

Though the documentation
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-udf.html says they are same as
AND and OR, they do not even get parsed. User gets parsing when they are
used. Was that intentional or is it a regression?

hive> select key from src where key=a || key =b;
FAILED: Parse Error: line 1:33 cannot recognize input near '|' 'key' '=' in
expression specification

hive> select key from src where key=a && key =b;
FAILED: Parse Error: line 1:33 cannot recognize input near '&' 'key' '=' in
expression specification

Thanks
Amareshwari

Re: Operators && and || do not work

Posted by amareshwari sriramdasu <am...@gmail.com>.
Yes, should not be because of HIVE-2439. Even in hive-0.7, it is not
working, not sure if it worked at any version. Will create a jira to track.

Thanks
Amareshwari

Re: Operators && and || do not work

Posted by amareshwari sriramdasu <am...@gmail.com>.