Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu> on 2014/06/16 14:38:17 UTC

office activation

Hello,

I'm wondering how folks are handling activating Microsoft office products
on VCL images. For one , The several folks that have been piloting VCL
rather not have the initials prompt box pop up every time they create a new
reservation and first start office. Secondly , Office detects that it's on
different hardware from my original image capture so it prompts for the
products to be activated again via the phone or internet. Any suggestions
on how to overcome these small nuisances . Thank you

Re: office activation

Posted by Aaron Coburn <ac...@amherst.edu>.
Yes, it requires some not insignificant code and database changes. I would not recommend it unless you have exhausted all other possibilities.

Aaron

Re: office activation

Posted by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu>.
also, there is this link
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/How+to+Configure+the+Windows+Default+User+Profile
and then the link I read in the thread you mentioned. I followed this
procedure based on the update date

David DeMizio
*Academic Systems Coordinator*
Office of Information Technology