Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Suresh V <ve...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/22 05:08:20 UTC

Error running workflow for first time

Hello

We are trying to get oozie working in a small cluster set up in Amazon AWS.

The oozie service is installed on the namenode and we can see the server
running on port 11000, and can see the GUI.
However, when we try to run a workflow, we get the following error:
Error: E0803 : E0803: IO error, E0603: SQL error in operation,
<openjpa-2.2.2-r422266:1468616 fatal store error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.RollbackException: The transaction has been
rolled back.  See the nested exceptions for details on the errors that
occurred. FailedObject: org.apache.oozie.WorkflowJobBean@728178ac

When I looked into /var/log/oozie/oozie.log, found this-
Caused by: <openjpa-2.2.2-r422266:1468616 fatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: An SQL data change is
not permitted for a read-only connection, user or database. {prepstmnt
1261748784 INSERT INTO WF_JOBS (id, app_name, app_path, conf, created_time,
end_time, external_id, group_name, last_modified_time, log_token,
parent_id, proto_action_conf, run, sla_xml, start_time, status, user_name,
wf_instance) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)}
[code=20000, state=25502]
FailedObject:

I tried restarting the oozie service with /usr/lib/oozie/bin/oozied.sh stop
and then start. The stop didn't show any errors, but the start said pid is
found and start aborted.

And the same error continues when trying to submit a workflow.

Kindly assist on solving this issue. Please note that this is the first
time we are trying to run oozie jobs on this hadoop cluster.

Thank you
Suresh.

Re: Error running workflow for first time

Posted by Suresh V <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abhishek,

I also noticed that the /var/run/oozie/oozie.pid is owned by oozie user,
while the /var/lib/oozie/oozie-db/db.lck file is owned by root.
I tried stopping oozie by issuing oozied.sh stop and it completed without
errors, but again the oozie.pid gets created automatically and I'm unable
to stop it...

Please advise..

Thanks
Suresh.