Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by mo...@gmail.com on 2009/07/12 22:34:15 UTC

Can we connect to every node in cassandra ?

Hey guys

*Say there are 4 nodes in cassandra, is it possible that we can send
insert/delete/update queries to any of the nodes?*

    <Seeds>
        <Seed>127.0.0.1</Seed>
        <Seed>x.x.x.x</Seed>
        <Seed>2.4.11.3</Seed>
        <Seed>23.41.121.43</Seed>
    </Seeds>

*Do all the data stores in other nodes need to be runnin on port 9160 as
there is not a way to specify port in the list of seeds*
    <!-- Addresses of hosts that are deemed contact points. Cassandra nodes
use
         this list of hosts to find each other and learn the topology of the
ring.
         You must change this if you are running multiple nodes!
    -->
    <Seeds>
        <Seed>127.0.0.1</Seed>
    </Seeds>

Thanks a lot
--
Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com

Re: Can we connect to every node in cassandra ?

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Every node assumes each other node listens on the same ports.  (This
might seem inflexible but it is actually a good policy to enforce.)
So just make sure those numbers are consistent across the cluster.

Posted by mo...@gmail.com.

Posted by Chris Goffinet <go...@digg.com>.