Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Dave Harvey <dh...@jobcase.com> on 2018/07/30 12:14:30 UTC

Changing existing persistent caches.

I know Ignite only allows very limited changes to caches at runtime, e.g.,
turn on statistics or add/remove index or field.
I'm wondering if there is a way to change any of the cache configuration for
persistent caches at cluster startup.    I have the impression that at some
point I saw some code that merged a cache configuration with the persistent
configuration.

The two things of interest to me are the # of backups and  the various
performance parameters, e.g., QueryParallelism.

Re: Changing existing persistent caches.

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Currently there is no ability to change any cache configuration parameters
except the ones you mentioned - you turn on/off statistics and modify schema
using DDL.

You can't change persistence settings in runtime as well, because that would
require changing the data region cache is assigned to. The only way to
achieve that is destroy the cache and recreate it with new configuration and
new data region.

-Val