Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/06 23:03:35 UTC

New look for AOO

Hi

More one question: is possible to change this look'n'fell of AOO? Give to
it a "flat" idea? I'm evolving an icon set to AOO[1] and I wish to get a
better look to it, as suggested in my mockups[2].

[1]https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dr8tlgk1u762yh/aoo_with_flat_icons.png?dl=0
[2]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qy9jo1i0f24rty/mockup_aoo_with_flat_icons.png?dl=0

Any (easy) suggest is very welcome.

Regards,
Claudio

Re: New look for AOO

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
I like it, I think it should. Not sure how to go about it. I only know
that the themes are zipped under the /opt/openoffice4/share/config/

Hopefully others can recomend it how to go about it.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: New look for AOO

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 06/10/2014 Claudio Filho wrote:
> If somebody wish to try, replace this zip[1] in
> /opt/openoffice4/share/config/ (for linux), or find the
> image_industrial.zip in win or osx and replace in your env.
> [1]https://www.dropbox.com/s/2j27prfg0y1dqvr/images_industrial.zip?dl=0

I had a look and it is indeed nice! Why don't we add it as an alternate
icon set, named "Flat" or whatever you wish? It is a task completely
feasible for some of our new developers, since we already removed Tango
(and the removal was not immediately smooth, but we later fixed it) and
it isn't hard to find the right places in the code by looking at the
history. Feel free to open an issue if you would like to see it
implemented, and please send the link here so that new developers
looking for more interesting challenges know about it.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: New look for AOO

Posted by Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com>.
If somebody wish to try, replace this zip[1] in
/opt/openoffice4/share/config/ (for linux), or find the
image_industrial.zip in win or osx and replace in your env.
[1]https://www.dropbox.com/s/2j27prfg0y1dqvr/images_industrial.zip?dl=0

Bests,
Claudio

ps: please, add me in cc when reply this msg.