Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tahir Awan <TA...@descartes.com> on 2001/09/28 22:07:10 UTC

struts licensing

Hi,

I am using only taglibs from struts framework.

1. I have modified certain classes to fit our needs, the package names are
also different. Should these still contain the exact "apache software
license" 1.1???

2. I have written some new classes (derived partially from existing struts
sources). Should these also have "apache software license 1.1" on top ???

Thanks,

Tahir

Re: struts licensing

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Yes. All modified or derived versions are subject to the license
agreement.

Though, whether the license appears on the top or bottom is undefined.

As a courtesy, you should also retain any @author credits, adding your
own to the list.

Thanks for asking ;-)

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463