Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by divye sheth <di...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/05 09:32:21 UTC

Hbase Balancer

Hi,

What are the factors that help balancer decide which region is to be moved
when the HBASE balancer starts? I am using 0.94.2 version and aware of how
the balancer functions on a table basis, but I cant find an answer to how
does the balancer decide which region needs to be offlined and moved. Is it
random, or it creates a list of regions sorted by the number of requests
being handled by them and then move elements from the top and the bottom of
it?

Thanks
Divye Sheth

Re: Hbase Balancer

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Please take a look at the javadoc for balanceCluster() in:
src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/master/DefaultLoadBalancer.java

The description is pretty detailed.

Cheers