Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Wei-Chin Hsieh <wh...@cae.wisc.edu> on 2002/06/12 00:22:29 UTC

XPath Query

Hello,

I tried the following  query and got results even the actual number of count
is 1.
/someelement[2 < count(somechildelement) < 5]
But the following  works correctly.
/someelement[count(somechildelement) > 2 and count(somechildelement) < 5]

My question is does XPath allow range search expression like the first case?
Thanks in advance.

Wei-Chin Hsieh

Re: XPath Query

Posted by Vanessa Williams <v....@acm.org>.
Wei-Chin Hsieh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried the following  query and got results even the actual number of count
> is 1.
> /someelement[2 < count(somechildelement) < 5]
> But the following  works correctly.
> /someelement[count(somechildelement) > 2 and count(somechildelement) < 5]
>
> My question is does XPath allow range search expression like the first case?
> Thanks in advance.

Not to my knowledge, no.