Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Hai-Dang Pham <hd...@rim.com> on 2009/02/03 21:30:45 UTC

Help with Geronimo EJB Clustering

Hi,

   I am trying to run an EJB clustering example as described at
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/test-drive-geronimo-ejb-clustering.html.
Each time I deploy my ejb.jar file the WADI clustering is not enable (e.g.
it is not a dependency of my ejb.jar as listed using Geronimo Console
Dependency viewer).

I am pretty sure I have an assembling issue.  I don't know how to tell
Geronimo A/S that my ejb.jar requires openejb-clustering-wadi module.  I
have added a geronimo-opejnejb.xml as described in the link.  Do I have to
add an ejb-jar.xml? an openejb-jar.xml?  an application.xml? If so what
should those files look like?  Can somebody help me out?

Tx,

Hai-Dang

Re: Help with Geronimo EJB Clustering

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
Hi Hai-Dang,

You have quite a number of vendor Deployment Descriptor there :) tThe
openejb-jar.xml DD is unnecessary in this case (it hides the geronimo-
openejb.xml DD). So, simply remove it and redeploy your module.

WADI for OpenEJB is currently broken and I will certainly take the
time to fix the integration - so it is supported but limited by my
throughput. The internals of the stateful EJB container changed after
the initial WADI integration. An instance cache is now used to store
and retrieve stateful instances when they are accessed. You will need
to trace through an EJB invocation to identify the root cause of the
problem.

If you want to debug this problem, then please feel free to let us
know your progress and ask for help if you are stuck. If you are not
able to fix the problem, then I will have a look in a couple of weeks
after having completed some other activities.

Thanks,
Gianny

Posted by Hai-Dang Pham <hd...@rim.com>.
Hi Gianny,