Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2007/12/03 00:14:16 UTC

Re: New Features Roadmap - Draft

Hi Marco,

De : <mr...@libero.it>
> Hi Jacques,
>
> I cannot put a comment into the document New Features Roadmap - Draft but the enhanced for "Complete the support for VAT
(Value-Added-Tax)" can be linked to the issue OFBIZ-1262 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1262) that I have renamed
according to the title.

Sorry I did not find the time yet to seriously review your patch. Before tacking this work I want to finish some OFBiz minors tasks
I planned from some time now (in POS for instance). I will soon create a page like for implementations of the ProjectMgr component
and  Accounting component (GL).

> What I tried to do in this patch is to separate the actual sales tax calculation (USA) from our VAT tax calculation (Europe) and
so I have used the flag calculateVatTax in the ProductStore.
> So if this flag is set to "N" then sales tax are calculated at total order price level according to the shipment address selected
(USA).
> Instead if the flag is set "Y" then sales tax are calculated at order item level and an order adjustment will be created.
> Then I have also used the flag showPricesWithVatTax to show at UI level if the price has to be shown with tax included or
excluded.

I completly agree with the way you have implemented it. I recently worked on a such VAT implementation for an UK site which uses
Neogia and it's how it's done in Neogia too (at the order item level).

> This was my initial idea to implement VAT in Europe.
> Did you have different idea or suggestion to implement it ?

I finally had a quick glance at work and it seems that you did not work in order manager. I did number of specific changes around
all that in Neogia (Shipping & Handing, Promotions with update in order view, etc.). I have some ideas from my recent experience. I
will review your work soon, hope we will find a common ground ;o)

Thanks

Jacques