Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/12 17:46:56 UTC

Add Roller to Jenkins and Sonar?

Hi Team, I *thought* we were already on Jenkins but we may have been
removed for some reason:
https://builds.apache.org/

Anyway, I'd like to add us (back?) to Jenkins (just standard build right
now, not the additional ones for Jee/JBoss) and Sonar:
https://analysis.apache.org/

Any concerns?  If not I'll go ahead and make the request to Infra...

Regards,
Glen

Re: Add Roller to Jenkins and Sonar?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
OK, the Maven projects are all back on Jenkins:
https://builds.apache.org/ (including CXF, Camel, and all others) --
there was some mess a few days ago ("Struts Builds Are Gone" -->
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-builds/201307.mbox/thread)
confusing matters.  I made some POM changes (described in the email I
sent a few minutes back) that will hopefully get the Roller/Tomcat build
working on Jenkins.  Once it does, I'd like to switch the Tomcat/Jenkins
email results from Dave's email address to Roller - Dev.  Unlike
failures with the Apache Blogs, failures in our Jenkins build are
normally our issue to fix, so we should be alerted to it.

The other two builds for JBoss and Javaee are disabled as Dave
mentioned, we can ignore them for now.  If Dave wouldn't mind continuing
to receive the email notifications for the JBoss and JavaEE Jenkins
results should we later reactivate them (or I can take that over), that
would be helpful in keeping the automated mail traffic on this list to a
reasonable level.  Maybe we can even delete these two builds from
Jenkins, but I'm unsure if we're required to have a separate Jenkins run
for every distribution we plan on releasing.

Thanks,
Glen

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I didn't realize I could drill down into Sonar to see the JUnit
errors.  Roller uses an in-memory Derby database that listens on port
3223, so maybe the server Sonar is blocking that port.  Anyway, our
Jenkins build is also failing (the end of this page:
https://builds.apache.org/job/Roller-For-Tomcat/936/console is showing
that it's still expecting JDK 1.3 compatibility) despite it working
locally for me, I committed some changes to its pom.xml that should at
least fix the Jenkins problem by requiring JDK 6 but hopefully the Sonar
one as well.  We'll see by tomorrow what else needs to be done.

Glen

Posted by Mario Mueller <ma...@xenji.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
+1

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
+1 on both ideas

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Actually, we're apparently already on Jenkins (it seems to be down for
several Mavenized projects today also including Camel, CXF, ...) so this
is more of a Sonar-only question.

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
+1