Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by alok <al...@yahoo.com> on 2000/08/10 17:33:24 UTC

Samples with xerces-j 1.3.1

hi,
i am new to this mailing list, and maybe this is not the write forum to report bugs.
But would anybody pls clarify regarding the following problem:
1) the sample program dom.traversal.IteratorView throws an exception complaining about "isSupported" method not found when tried to run.
2) Where exactly is the isSupported() method? according to the API's provided with xerces-j 1.3.1, it should be in the Node interface. But doing a javap on "Node" doesnt show this method.
3) The source though specifies this method in the "Node" interface. Is the source for some other binaries, and not for the ones which are given for 1.3.1.?? (excuse me if it sounds a dumb question.. :-) )
regards....
alok

Re: Samples with xerces-j 1.3.1

Posted by alok <al...@yahoo.com>.
> The source is the source for the 1.3.1 binaries, however you have another
> (non-xerces) Node.class somewhere on your classpath.  Try putting the
> xerces.jar as the first entry on your classpath, and see if it works
> then.  Failing that see if you have any suspicious looking jar files in
> JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext.
>
> Ian

thanx Ian,
1) to solve the problem i removed all the "Other" jar file from the
classpath, but no use.
strangely the source shows the method as well the API docs.
2) No, i dont hv anything in my JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext also.
3) the Document interface inherits it from the Node interface, which is
further subclassed by DocumentImpl and DeferredDocumentImpl classes in
org.apache.xerces.dom package. But nowhere even in the source code , this
method is implemented.
Would anybody be kind enough to tell the class where this method is
implemented??  Or am i missing something elementery somewhere ? :-)
regards...

alok

Re: Samples with xerces-j 1.3.1

Posted by Ian Roberts <ir...@decisionsoft.com>.

--
Ian Roberts, Software Engineer        DecisionSoft Ltd.
Telephone: +44-1865-203192            http://www.decisionsoft.com