Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Deepa Parthasarathy <de...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/26 08:05:23 UTC

crash while using 1.7

Hi

I am using the Xerces parser on Linux within a
threaded application. I have one thread executing a
class member function that parses an xml file. The
Xerces library has at this point been initialized by a
call to XmlPlatformUtils::Initialize ().

When the IDOMParser is allocated using heap memory,
the program crashes within an call that uses the
pointer to the parser.

IDOMParser* pParser = new IDOMParser;

Any call below crashes.
parser->setValidationScheme(gValScheme);
parser->setDoNamespaces(gDoNamespaces);

However, if the parser is allocated on the stack,
things work fine.
IDOMParser parser;
parser.setValidationScheme (...)

I have the same problem with the MemBufInputSource.

Could you help? Also, I am not a member of the mailing
list so could you also reply directly to my email
address?

Thanks
Deepa
(deepa_sp@yahoo.com)