Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Srivatsan <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/16 21:25:46 UTC

Re: Issue with POJOs extending TransformComponentSupport

Hi,

We notice a strange behaviour: In validateService, when
org.apache.servicemix log level is set to INFO, we are able to archive
(move) the text file as per our project requirement. Whereas the archiving
fails when the logging level is set to INFO. Looked at the FilePoller code.
But, could not find the reason for this weird behaviour. Appreciate any help
in understanding this.

Thanks,
Srivatsan

Posted by vinodhc <vc...@sterlingtesting.com>.
We have created our component code by copying code from
TransformComponentSupport. I am attaching the same -
http://www.nabble.com/file/8508/SIFJBIComponent.java SIFJBIComponent.java .

We are actually not using the content of the message as our file is not
having xml content.
We are just using this component to get the filename from the property and
open and read the file ourselves. Can you point us to what was modified in
the other component to support the format change.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
If you change the log level from INFO to DEBUG, there may be cases where the
content
format of the JBI message may change (from a stream to a string).  If the
component fails
to handle that, the process may fail.  For example a bug has recently been
fixed that caused
the XPathExpression to consume the stream so if was failing at INFO level.

On 5/16/07, Srivatsan <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you mean to say that changing the servicemix log level from DEBUG to
> INFO
> would cause the archiving of the text file to fail ? Can you please
> explain
> again?
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > When changing the log level, usually, the content of the JBI
> > exhcange are printed.  This require to change the xml content
> > to be re-readable (avoid streams).   This means that the content
> > will be changed to a StringSource for example.
> >
> > On 5/16/07, Srivatsan <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> We notice a strange behaviour: In validateService, when
> >> org.apache.servicemix log level is set to INFO, we are able to archive
> >> (move) the text file as per our project requirement. Whereas the
> >> archiving
> >> fails when the logging level is set to INFO. Looked at the FilePoller
> >> code.
> >> But, could not find the reason for this weird behaviour. Appreciate any
> >> help
> >> in understanding this.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Srivatsan

> them

> txt
> POJO
> location
> >> and
> csv

> InOnly[
> >> for

> the
> as

> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Principal Engineer, IONA
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Issue with POJOs extending TransformComponentSupport

Posted by Srivatsan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
When changing the log level, usually, the content of the JBI
exhcange are printed.  This require to change the xml content
to be re-readable (avoid streams).   This means that the content
will be changed to a StringSource for example.

On 5/16/07, Srivatsan <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We notice a strange behaviour: In validateService, when
> org.apache.servicemix log level is set to INFO, we are able to archive
> (move) the text file as per our project requirement. Whereas the archiving
> fails when the logging level is set to INFO. Looked at the FilePoller
> code.
> But, could not find the reason for this weird behaviour. Appreciate any
> help
> in understanding this.
>
> Thanks,
> Srivatsan
>

> Srivatsan wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Environment details: JBoss 4.0.4-GA, servicemix-3.0.1-incubating,
> > deployment using servicemixweb.war with in JBoss.
> >
> > In our project, we have POJOs extend TransformComponentSupport for them
> > be used in servicemix lw service units.
> >
> > One of the requirements in our project is file poller component
> > (implemented using servicemix file poller). The poller polls for a txt
> > file and if its present calls the validateService (implemented by POJO
> > extending TransformComponentSupport) specified as the targetService.
> > validateService reads the txt file and csv file from the same location
> and
> > validates if the count in the text file and count of records in the csv
> > file match. This processing is done correctly. But, we notice the
> > following DEBUG message.
> >
> > 2007-04-13 09:59:16,158 DEBUG
> > [org.apache.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl] Sent: InOnly[
> >   id: ID:D111JAV03-4535-1176412744275-10:3
> >   status: Error
> >   role: provider
> >   service: {http://abc.test.com/emplist/}validateService
> >   endpoint: validateService
> >   in: Unable to display: java.io.IOException: Stream closed
> >   error: javax.jbi.messaging.MessagingException: Could not find route
> for
> > exchange: InOnly[
> >   id: ID:D111JAV03-4535-1176412744275-11:3
> >   status: Active
> >   role: provider
> >   in: null
> > ] for service: null and interface: null
> > ]
> >
> > We found that not having targetService for the validateService was the
> > reason for the message. When servicemix TraceComponent was specified as
> > the targetService, the debug message was not logged.
> >
> > Do we need to always specify a targetService when POJOs extending
> > TransformComponentSupport are used? Or could this DEBUG message be
> > ignored?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Srivatsan

Cheers,