Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org> on 2022/06/23 07:28:12 UTC

Feature Launcher used as OSGi bundle

Hi,
In the context of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-10211 OSGi metadata has been added to the Sling Feature Launcher. Some concerns were raised in the PR at https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-feature-launcher/pull/19#pullrequestreview-611745073 but never answered.
Can someone shed some light why OSGi metadata are useful in the context? If it should be an OSGi bundle, we should definitely switch to inheriting from Bundle-Parent (https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-feature-launcher/blob/ffc1cf2b79bc7b88f0906b9d1af76fbcdd290fff/pom.xml#L18).

Thanks,
Konrad

Re: Feature Launcher used as OSGi bundle

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
Right, I guess I can see the argument to have valid package metadata.
I'm just not sure it would work to actually use it as a bundle and at
least I don't have the bandwidth to look into it. Personally, I feel
like we are better off to remove it again if we don't want to support
that use case atm but if somebody wanted to maintain it / make it work
I wouldn't be against it.

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Feature Launcher used as OSGi bundle

Posted by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org>.
Ping, anyone?