Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Tom <80...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/23 12:48:19 UTC

Logging configuration errors during startup

Hi,

Is there any way to get more verbose logging of errors when activemq reads
its config file? For example, simply adding a random character to break the
XML will mean that activemq dies silently on startup with no error message
in ../data/activemq.log
It feels like I've missed something really obvious - I've already enabled
full DEBUG and the last line is always....

2011-06-23 11:28:37,020 | DEBUG | Found XML schema [
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd] in classpath:
activemq.xsd | org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.PluggableSchemaResolver
| main

I'm using activemq 5.5.0

Regards,
Tom

Re: Logging configuration errors during startup

Posted by Tom <80...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dejan, Gary - I still can't get fatal Spring errors logging as the
context startup code doesn't use normal logging. I'm sure there is a good
reason for this though and I can modify the shell script too so shouldn't be
a problem.

Regards,
Tom

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
./activemq console ....

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Logging configuration errors during startup

Posted by Tom <80...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.