Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2007/02/23 23:33:09 UTC

Is a Changeset without files allowed?

I'm trying to figure out
   http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCHANGELOG-54

The reporter is getting an NPE based on the fact that the ChangeSet
returns null from getFiles(). I'm curious to know whether it is valid to
have a ChangeSet without files, i.e. where getFiles() returns null. I
feel as if the SCM provider should at least return an empty List from
getFiles() if it contains no files.

The provider in this case is Synergy. Is this a bug in the Synergy
provider? Or should the changes-plugin be altered to handle the case
that getFiles() might return null?

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Is a Changeset without files allowed?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
It would be better to return an empty list instead of null. File an issue and we'll look at it
But for the changelog plugin, you need to make a workaround for now.

Emmanuel