Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by St...@astrazeneca.com on 2005/12/09 13:03:50 UTC

java2wsdl .net string[] arrays

Hi!

I'm just getting started modyfying wsdl, but I have limited knowledge of the
java2wsdl tool and I'm not sure I'm using it in the right way.

The wsdl I'm using works fine when calling axis web services using java
clients, but fails in .net when I call methods that return string[].

I'm not sure how I should use java2wsdl, nor how to tweak the wsdl so that
.net clients can call methods returning String arrays.

Could anyone please point me to some good wsdl documentation or tell me how
I'm supposed to use java2wsdl to generate .net compliant wsdls?

Thanks!

Stefan

Re: java2wsdl .net string[] arrays

Posted by Ron Reynolds <Ro...@RonReynolds.com>.
is it literal or rpc-encoded?  my guess is rpc-encoded and everything i've
read (including the WS-I Basic Profile 1.1) says "don't use rpc-encoding -
only literal encoding", especially if you want to have a chance at .NET/Java
interop.