Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2004/06/08 08:41:22 UTC

CVS weirdnesses from IDEs (Was: 2.1 build is failing)

Le 8 juin 04, à 08:29, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> ...This seems to be a very subtle bug in the CVS handling of Eclipse.
> It
> happens from time to time that locally deleted files are not deleted
> during commit, although Eclipse tells you so. Fortunately, this occurs
> only once every three months :)

Similar things happen with IDEA sometimes. For me the only surefire way
to check commits is to do a "cvs release" from the command-line.

-Bertrand

Re: CVS weirdnesses from IDEs (Was: 2.1 build is failing)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 8 juin 04, à 08:52, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>
>>> ...This seems to be a very subtle bug in the CVS handling
>> of Eclipse.
>>> It
>>> happens from time to time that locally deleted files are
>> not deleted
>>> during commit, although Eclipse tells you so. Fortunately,
>> this occurs
>>> only once every three months :)
>>
>> Similar things happen with IDEA sometimes. For me the only
>> surefire way to check commits is to do a "cvs release" from
>> the command-line.
>>
> Interesting, so perhaps this is not an Eclipse bug. With Eclipse
> it's usually sufficient to restart Eclipse once or twice :) and
> synchronize with the repository again. Then suddenly the changes
> that have not been committed appear (which is a time consuming
> task that can be run in the background).

Not sure if it is a bug in IDEA, it might just be a sequence of events
that makes you unaware of what's actually been going on. So in my case
it might be more a user problem, but I play it safe anyway ;-)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> > ...This seems to be a very subtle bug in the CVS handling
> of Eclipse.
> > It
> > happens from time to time that locally deleted files are
> not deleted
> > during commit, although Eclipse tells you so. Fortunately,
> this occurs
> > only once every three months :)
>
> Similar things happen with IDEA sometimes. For me the only
> surefire way to check commits is to do a "cvs release" from
> the command-line.

Interesting, so perhaps this is not an Eclipse bug. With Eclipse
it's usually sufficient to restart Eclipse once or twice :) and
synchronize with the repository again. Then suddenly the changes
that have not been committed appear (which is a time consuming
task that can be run in the background).

Carsten