Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Prasad <pr...@espressif.com> on 2019/09/27 06:56:19 UTC

NimBLE: Optional support of mbedTLS instead of tinycrypt

Hi all,

I am thinking of adding optional `mbedTLS` support for crypto instead of
`tinycrypt`. I have basic framework in place, the idea is by default
`tinycrypt` will be used, but any vendor who is already using or want to
use `mbedTLS` can enable this option. Any inputs on how to make the
option configurable (syscfg ?) and how to maintain upstream `mbedTLS` in
mynewt framework (submodule ?) would be really helpful.

Regards

Prasad

Re: NimBLE: Optional support of mbedTLS instead of tinycrypt

Posted by Łukasz Rymanowski <lu...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi Prasad,

This is good idea however I think we need bit more for that than
syscfg flag. I think we could come up with some crypo API in ble_npl
so then anybody can add its own backend.

Best
Łukasz