Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Susam Pal <su...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/28 14:36:07 UTC

Re: Newbie query: problem indexing pdf files

Have you set the agent properties in 'conf/nutch-site.xml'? Please
check 'logs/hadoop.log' and search for the following words without the
single quotes, 'fetch', 'ERROR', 'FATAL'. Do you get any clue?

Also search for 'fetching' in 'logs/hadoop.log' to see whether it
attempted to fetch any URLs you were expecting.

Regards,
Susam Pal
http://susam.in/

Posted by Susam Pal <su...@gmail.com>.
The crawler has to pick up the directory names from somewhere, either
in seed URLs or as links in some other page. If directory browsing is
enabled, then the URL to the directory can be mentioned as the seed
URL, otherwise the list of files available in the directory has to be
made available to the crawler in some form.

Regards,
Susam Pal
http://susam.in/

Posted by Gareth Gale <ga...@hp.com>.

Posted by Will Scheidegger <wi...@mac.com>.

french indexing

Posted by SGHIR <sg...@imist.ma>.
Hello
can you help me in finding a plugin to let nutch support french language
indexation , and how to make it work.
Regards;

believed to be clean.

Re: Newbie query: problem indexing pdf files

Posted by Gareth Gale <ga...@hp.com>.

Susam Pal wrote:
> [...]
>>    <description>Regular expression naming plugin directory names to
>>    include.  Any plugin not matching this expression is excluded.
>>    In any case you need at least include the nutch-extensionpoints
>> plugin. By
>>    default Nutch includes crawling just HTML and plain text via HTTP,
>>    and basic indexing and search plugins. In order to use HTTPS please
>> enable
>>    protocol-httpclient, but be aware of possible intermittent problems
>> with the
>>    underlying commons-httpclient library.
>>    </description>
>> </property>
>>

>> </configuration>
>>

>> Susam Pal wrote:
>>> If you have not set the agent properties, you must set them.

>>> http.agent.description
>>> http.agent.url

Posted by Susam Pal <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gareth Gale <ga...@hp.com>.