Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by tosenthu <to...@yahoo.com> on 2012/03/15 08:13:08 UTC

Field Value Substitution

Hi

I have a scenario, where I store a field which is an Id,

ID field
------
1
3
4

Descrption mapping
-------------------
1 = "Options 1"
2 = "Options A"
3 = "Options 3"
4 = "Options 4a"

Is there a way in solr when ever i query this field should return me the
description instead of the id. And help me with the procedure to setup solr
to do this..

Regards
Senthil Kumar M R

Re: Field Value Substitution

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I guess I don't quite understand. If the description field
is single valued, simply specifying that field on the
fl parameter should return it.

It would help if you showed some sample documents,
because I can't tell whether you only have one descriptor
per document or several....

By the way, you'll save yourself some trouble in the future if
you let your "id" field be your <uniqueKey> and use some
different field for non uniqueKey data....

Best
Erick

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
You could use the MappingUpdateProcessor for this, doing the mapping through a simple synonyms-like config file at index time, indexing the description in a String field. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2151

Or you could make a SearchComponent plugin doing the same thing "live" at query time?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com