Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by jantje <ja...@skynet.be> on 2006/09/14 14:33:30 UTC

cocoon.exit();

Hi there,

I think the cocoon.exit() function is not working? how can I check this?

My code is:

function registration() {
    var varContinue = true;
    while(varContinue) {
      var registrationForm = new
Form("cocoon:/formDefinition/registration.xml");
      var rModel = registrationForm.getModel();
      rModel.date = new java.util.Date();
      registrationForm.showForm("registration/"
                                + cocoon.request.get("identificaton")
                                + "-"
                                + cocoon.request.get("password")
                                + "-"
                                + "SB"
                                + "-"
                                + "SB"
                                + "-"
                                + "SB"
                                + "-"
                                + "SB"
                                + "-"
                                + "SB"
                                + ".display");
      if(registrationForm.submitId == "logout") {
        cocoon.request.setAttribute("form1", registrationForm.getWidget());
        //cocoon.sendPage("form1-success-pipeline.xsp");
        cocoon.sendPage("registration-success");
        varContinue = false;
	cocoon.exit();
      }
    }

}/*

Re: initial value

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.
Roel Croonenberghs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have a widget fiels that I would like to have a initial value. I have
> this code in mine define.xml file;
>
> <wd:form xmlns:wd="http://apache.org/cocoon/woody/definition/1.0"
>   xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1">
>
> <wd:field id="from" required="true">
>                         <wd:initial-value>
>                                         test@test.com
>                         </fd:initial-value>
>             <wd:datatype base="string">
>                 <wd:validation />
>             </wd:datatype>
>             <wd:label>
>               <i18n:text>extranet.create_ticket.from</i18n:text>
>             </wd:label>
>
>   </wd:field>
>

> the form works good, validation is ok, but there is no initial value set
> . The fiels is always blank.
> What am I doing wrong?

Hi Roel,

Based on your namespace definition it looks like you're still using the
(long-since-deprecated) "woody" block rather than the "forms" block.  If
I remember correctly, the fd:initial-value element was added long after
woody was abandoned.  If you want to use it, as well as many other new
features, you should upgrade and convert to the forms block.  Check out
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Woody2CocoonForms for help on converting.

--Jason

initial value

Posted by Roel Croonenberghs <Ro...@sofico.be>.
Hello,

i have a widget fiels that I would like to have a initial value. I have
this code in mine define.xml file;

<wd:form xmlns:wd="http://apache.org/cocoon/woody/definition/1.0"
  xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1">

<wd:field id="from" required="true">
                        <wd:initial-value>
                                        test@test.com
                        </fd:initial-value>
            <wd:datatype base="string">
                <wd:validation />
            </wd:datatype>
            <wd:label>
              <i18n:text>extranet.create_ticket.from</i18n:text>
            </wd:label>

  </wd:field>

the form works good, validation is ok, but there is no initial value set .
The fiels is always blank.
What am I doing wrong?

vriendelijke groeten,

Roel Croonenberghs

Re: cocoon.exit();

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 18.09.2006 15:20, jantje wrote:

> But, i don't want users to go back after a "logout".. beceause there is
> still private information visible..
> So, beside invalidating the continuations.. is it possible to avoid people
> using the "go back" button?

This is nothing anybody could ever expect being handled by a server side
framework as the framework has no influence on the browser itself. So
also continuations won't allow you to handle this.
But there are some things you can do to work around the limitation:

1. The most ugly one is to delete the browsers history using JavaScript.
As this is not possible directly you have to do some ugly hacks. Besides
this it patronizes the users and is bad from an usability point of view.

2. You can provide the user a window without a navigation bar. This
solution won't work for "qualified" users as they might be able to get
the nav bar back with shortcuts. Furthermore I'd still feel patronized
and the same summary applies as for option 1. If you want to control
exactly what the user is allowed to do, you just must not develop a webapp.

3. The best solution to secure your webapp is to provide private data
only after a post request. On going backwards to such a page the user
will get presented a dialog asking for resending the form (due to post
request) - which won't work as he is no longer authenticated. I only
don't know if all old browsers behave that way as well or if it is
possible to retrieve the form result (maybe also in offline mode).

Regards,
Jörg

Re: cocoon.exit();

Posted by jantje <ja...@skynet.be>.
OK, the solution is:
ON EVERY form.showForm(....);
    var cont = form.showForm();
    cont.invalidate

At this point, when you "go back" in your browser: you can see all the
prvious windows.. but in these windows you can not click on for instance a
submit button!!! so OK, all the continuations are invalidated!!!

But, i don't want users to go back after a "logout".. beceause there is
still private information visible..
So, beside invalidating the continuations.. is it possible to avoid people
using the "go back" button?

thanks and greetings..

Re: cocoon.exit();

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.

Re: cocoon.exit();

Posted by jantje <ja...@skynet.be>.

Re: cocoon.exit();

Posted by Dev at weitling <de...@weitling.net>.
Hi Jan!

RE: cocoon.exit();

Posted by jantje <ja...@skynet.be>.

Re: cocoon.exit();

Posted by jantje <ja...@skynet.be>.
Well, this is just cocoon.exit() from the cocoon documentation!

http://cocoon.apache.org

greetings