Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Winston <wi...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2004/09/07 16:15:00 UTC

Help needed on Scomp

In this tutorial on this website, http://javaboutique.internet.com/reviews/xml_javabeans/
I tried to convert webapp.xsd to webapp.jar, by following exactly in the tutorial and typed:
scomp -out webapp.jar webapp.xsd

However i get the following errors:

Unrecognized option: -out
Could not create te Java virtual machine

I wonder why I get these errors as I have followed exactly like the instructions given such as setting the java and xmlbeans classpaths.
Very frustrating :-(

Anyone knows of any good websites to recommend so that newbies like me can follow step by step EXACTLY what to key in at the command line.

My objective
Generate java class files so as to enable the read/write of xml files that conform to a schema

Help appreciated

Winston