Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by homeup_99 <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/24 00:26:55 UTC

How is Apache::ASP comparable to ASP under IIS ?

I have installed Apache on Windows 2000. I have uninstalled IIS.

I need to know does Apache::ASp provide true ASP support? I mean will
my ASP sites, which were working with IIS continue to work with
Apache::ASP...does it support all Active Server Pages geatures,
syntax etc. ?

Thanks.
-Saurabh

Re: How is Apache::ASP comparable to ASP under IIS ?

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
homeup_99 wrote:

> I have installed Apache on Windows 2000. I have uninstalled IIS.
>
> I need to know does Apache::ASp provide true ASP support? I mean will
> my ASP sites, which were working with IIS continue to work with
> Apache::ASP...does it support all Active Server Pages geatures,
> syntax etc. ?

Apache::ASP supports perl scripted ASP pages under Apache/mod_perl.
This allows for PerlScript pages running under IIS to run under
Apache with little or no modification.

Chances are you have VBScript pages which will not run under Apache::ASP.
If you are stuck with VBScript ASP, other options include commercial
Apache modules from Chilisoft & Halcyon, or converting your scripts
to PHP, please see http://www.asp2php.com

--Josh